Where Do We Go From Here? / CF. Ettlinger, RJ. Johnson, JE. Shealy
- Conference Author:
- Skiing Trauma and Safety: Fourteenth Volume (14th : 2001 : Queensland, New Zealand)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Shealy, JE., Ettlinger, CF., Johnson, RJ., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- This analysis is the second paper of a two-part review ¿̐ưWhat Do We Know and Where Do We Go From Here?¿̐ư. This paper recommends policies, practices, and products which could quickly and effectively reduce the risk of the most common of the serious injuries sustained by alpine skiers. Injury rates cited in this review are based upon a 29-year case-control study by the authors at a medium-sized Vermont ski area. Release binding performance under simulated skiing loads was evaluated using a device defined by ASTM standard test method for measuring the quasi-static release moments of Alpine ski bindings (F 504-00). A description of the test method can be found in Section 15 of the Annual Book of ASTM Standards.The use of this device as a research tool is described by Ettlinger and Bahniuk in the Spring 1980 edition of the Journal of Safety Research .
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2003, Issue 1440 (January 2003)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803154841 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 5.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2003. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27999871