Analysis of Sheet Metal Forming to Axisymmetric Shapes / S. Levy, CF. Shih, JPD Wilkinson, P. Stine, RC. McWilson
- Conference Author:
- Formability Topics¿̐ưMetallic Materials (1977 : Toronto, Canada)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (23 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Levy, S., McWilson, RC., Shih, CF., Stine, P., Wilkinson, JPD, American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- The objective of this study was to develop an analytical method of predicting the stress and strain distribution in a metal sheet formed into a cup or other axially symmetric geometry. The analysis is done using the finite element method based on the deformation theory of plasticity; the elastoplastic computations account for the large deformation associated with sheet forming operations. The theory behind the computer program is discussed in detail. Examples are given of the strain distributions induced in cups drawn to depths comparable with their diameters. The results also give the stresses, thickness changes, and forming force required. Some comparisons between the calculated and measured strains are discussed, and they show good agreement.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1978, Issue 647 (July 1978)
- 9780803147188 (e-ISBN), 9780803144804, and 0803144806
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 12.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1978. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27999974