Activities of the T¿̐ưV Bayern Regarding Skiing Safety / Gerd Wittmann, Wolfhart Hauser
- Conference Author:
- Skiing Trauma And Safety: Fifth International Symposium (5th : 1983 : Keystone, Colorado)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (6 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Hauser, W. (Wolfhart)
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- The technical inspectorate Technischer ¿̐ưberwachungs-Verein (T¿̐ưV) Bayern e.V., generally referred to as T¿̐ưV Bayern, is an independent body of experts and specialists. A survey of the technical departments of this organization is given. The T¿̐ưV Bayern is also the official test institute of the Internationaler Arbeitskreis Sicherheit beim Skilauf e. V. (IAS). In the department for testing of materials, the safety of ski equipment has been investigated for 15 years. From the beginning this department, together with the IAS, has developed standards and established biomechanical values for skiing equipment. Since 1969, equipment that has passed those tests has been permitted to bear the IAS insignia. A survey of the Deutsches Institut f¿̐ưr Normung (DIN) (German Institute for Standards) is given and the cooperation between the DIN and T¿̐ưV is explained. The T¿̐ưV Bayern tests all kinds of products according to DIN safety specifications, and products that have passed those tests are allowed to bear the T¿̐ưV/gepr¿̐ưfte Sicherheit (proved safety) insignia. The difference between the IAS/GS insignia and the T¿̐ưV/GS insignia for skiing equipment is discussed.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1985, Issue 860 (January 1985)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 21.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1985. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28000031