Basic Mechanics of Boot/Skier Interaction / Ruprecht Schattner, Wolfhart Hauser, Ernst Asang
- Conference Author:
- Skiing Trauma And Safety: Fifth International Symposium (5th : 1983 : Keystone, Colorado)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (8 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Schattner, Ruprecht
Hauser, W. (Wolfhart)
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A two-dimensional point mass model of a skier with three plus one degrees of freedom has been developed. A general method for obtaining the equations of motion and of the constraint forces (muscle forces and forces between the ski and soil) in such models is described (by the method of undetermined Lagrangian multipliers). The force and torque transduced from skier to ski by the boot and the biological components of the system are calculated. The results provide a theoretical basis for recommendations that the important parameters for ski boots should include the size, weight, and skill of the skier.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1985, Issue 860 (January 1985)
- 9780803168329 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 2.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1985. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28000059