Efficacy Experiments Involving Avian Pest Control Materials : Design Considerations Imposed by the Scientific Method / CR. Ingram
- Conference Author:
- Test Methods for Vertebrate Pest Control and Management Materials (1976 : Monterey, Calif.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (10 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Ingram, CR., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Managers and researchers alike often incorrectly discuss efficacy of an avian pest control material. However, a material cannot be universally efficacious. Instead, efficacy can be established only for particular treatment forms of the control material where the treatment form is completely and uniquely specified by the product that is used to carry the material to the pest and the method of delivery of this product. The scientific method requires that experiments be conducted to evaluate the efficacy of treatment forms. This paper emphasizes that design is the appropriate vehicle through which a researcher attempts to ensure that an experiment will yield data pertinent to the hypothesis under investigation. The design process is discussed as it applies to field evaluation of avian pest control materials. Evaluation of efficacy of a treatment form of an avian pest control material and field measurements for efficacy are considered.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1977, Issue 625 (January 1977)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803146983 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 10.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1977. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28000072