Test Method for Evaluating Pavement Sealants Under Simultaneous Cyclic Shear and Normal Deflections / IL. Al-Qadi, SA. Abo-Qudais
- Conference Author:
- Science and Technology of Building Seals, Sealants, Glazing, and Waterproofing: 3rd Volume (3rd : 1993 : Fort Myers, Florida)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (10 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Al-Qadi, IL., Abo-Qudais, SA., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A new method to evaluate the performance of sealants, used in rigid pavement joints, was developed. A special fixture was designed to transfer cyclic in-line deflection, applied by a testing machine, to simultaneous cyclic normal and shear deflections, at a specific ratio, on a sealant sandwiched between two-51 mm portland cement mortar cubes. The developed fixture was used to evaluate the performance of three commercially available one-component sealant types (A, B, and C): A is a low modulus silicone, B is a self leveling silicone, while C is a polyurethane used with primer.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1994, Issue 1254 (January 1994)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803152892 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 10.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1994. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28000216