Controlled Release Pellet Formulation / Richard Houghton
- Conference Author:
- Pesticide Formulations and Delivery Systems, 27th Volume: Traditional and Non-Traditional Developments (27th : 2006 : Atlanta, GA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (6 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Houghton, Richard
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- This paper is a general overview of a new controlled release formulation of imidacloprid in the form of an extruded pellet. This material delivers 50 g imidacloprid per kg of product. The formulation consists of a polymer/starch matrix which is partially biodegradable. The product consists of 2-mm-diam. spherical pellets and is available under the suSCon¿̐ư trade name. This technology allows long term protection from canegrub damage with imidacloprid by controlling its release into the soil. After release from the pellets, imidacloprid acts on canegrubs in a number of ways, including: soil ingestion, soil contact and root ingestion. The pellet does not exhibit anti-feeding or repellency properties. Soil moisture appears to be the major factor controlling the release of the imidacloprid active ingredient. Under normal field conditions the pellet will release imidacloprid for 1.5¿̐ư2 plus years. The pellet consistently increases cane and sugar yield in the plant and has shown to be beneficial against infestations in the first three crop cycles.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2008, Issue 1500 (January 2008)
- 9780803167353 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 1.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2008. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28000393