Finite-Element Fracture Analyses of Welded Beam-Column Connections / W-M Chi, GG. Deierlein, AR. Ingraffea
- Conference Author:
- Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics: 30th Volume (30th : 1998 : St. Louis)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (17 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Ingraffea, AR., Chi, W-M, Deierlein, GG., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Unexpected brittle cracking of welded beam-column connections during the 1994 Northridge earthquake has raised serious concerns about standards and practice for the seismic design and construction of steel moment resisting frames. As part of a nationally coordinated program to investigate the connection damage, finite-element fracture analyses are used to quantify fracture toughness demands in welded beam-column connections as influenced by various detailing parameters. Toughness demands at weld root defects in the beam flange groove welds are quantified in terms of KI, CTOD, and CTOA. Summarized are insights concerning the role of finite-element fracture analyses to investigate fracture behavior and the influence of factors such as flaw sizes, weld strengths, inelastic crack growth, and other parameters affecting fracture toughness demands.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2000, Issue 1360 (January 2000)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803154186 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 9.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2000. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28000464