Correlation between Thermal and Mechanical Properties of the 10NiCr11 / Taher Ghrib, Mahmoud Bouhafs, Noureddine Yacoubi
- Conference Author:
- Advances in the State of the Art of Fire Testing (2008 : Miami Beach, FL)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Yacoubi, Noureddine
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- In this work we have studied the effect of the carburizing duration on the evolution of the thermal and mechanical properties of the 10NiCr11 steel. The thermal properties are determined by the photothermal deflection technique and it was shown that the thermal conductivity as well as the thermal diffusivity decrease with the carbon fraction in the steel unlike the Vickers hardness which increases. From this study we have established an empiric mathematical formula between Vickers hardness, the thermal properties, and the carburizing duration which permit to deduce the Vickers hardness value without needing to measure it.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2010, Issue 1523 (January 2010)
- 9780803184176 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 13.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2010. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28000621