Explanation on the Origin of Distortion in Induction Hardened Ring Specimens by Computer Simulation / T. Horino, F. Ikuta, K. Arimoto, C. Jin, S. Tamura
- Conference Author:
- Advances in the State of the Art of Fire Testing (2008 : Miami Beach, FL)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Tamura, S.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Explanation of the distortion mechanism is important for realizing the low-distortion and distortion-adapted induction hardening processes. Two of our authors applied computer simulation to examine distortions of ring specimens induction hardened on their outer side and also tempered. Simulated deformations agreed well with the experimental results. In this study, a simulation for the same experiment was carried out by the more enhanced modeling techniques. The possibility of explaining the origin of distortion in induction hardened ring specimens was shown clearly from simulated distribution changes of temperature, metallic structures, stresses, and strains.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2010, Issue 1523 (January 2010)
- 9780803184176 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 17.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2010. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28000656