Past and Future Analysis of Moving Dynamic Loads on Structures / CF. Sheffey
- Conference Author:
- Vehicle, Tire, Pavement Interface (1990 : Santa Barbara, CA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (6 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Sheffey, CF., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The following is a sketch of the history involving the problem that deals with the effects of moving loads on bridges. This discussion focuses on the stages by which the various dynamic effects were introduced, primarily with respect to railway bridges, where the effects were first recognized as significant. The early application of these same methods to highway bridges is traced, recognizing that the problem of determining a proper design allowance for dynamic effects in highway bridges has stochastic aspects. The application of modern matrix, finite element models and numerical integration on digital computers is noted. In the summary, more attention to the probabilistic aspects of the problem is requested.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1992, Issue 1164 (January 1992)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803152151 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 10.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1992. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28000790