A Fractographic Study of Load-Sequence-Induced Mixed-Mode Fatigue Crack Growth in an Al-Cu Alloy / NE. Ashbaugh, WJ. Porter, RV. Prakash, R. Sunder
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Fatigue crack growth behavior was studied on C(T) and SE(T) specimens from Al-Cu alloy 2014 using specially-designed load sequences. The experiments were organized to induce microscopic mixed-mode fatigue crack growth while at the same time reducing or eliminating fatigue crack closure. This was achieved by switching between high-amplitude, low-stress ratio and low-amplitude, high-stress ratio cycles. Retardation effects observed under these conditions are attributed to local crack branching and mixed-mode conditions induced by variable amplitude loading.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1999, Issue 1359 (January 1999)
- 9780803154063 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 25.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1999. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28000924