Evaluation of High-Strength-and-Modulus Brittle Materials in Filament and Composite Forms / Wendall J. Clark, Kenneth M. Gunn, Claude P. Talley
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Standards for Filament-Wound Reinforced Plastics (1962 : Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (19 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Clark, Wendall J.
Gunn, Kenneth M.
Talley, Claude P.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A program is under way with the broad objective of accurately evaluating new high-strength-and-modulus brittle materials in filament and composite form for application as primary structural materials. Initially, the work has involved laboratory testing of continuous-filament boron. Primary emphasis has been on developing testing procedures for tensile and flexural strength and modulus. Short-term filament tensile strengths have been measured at temperatures up to about 1800 F. Fabrication techniques have been developed for producing small rectangular composite beams with good filament orientation. Loading up to 70 per cent by volume of boron filaments has been obtained. Tests on composites indicate that a high percentage of the filament properties are translated into composite properties.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1963, Issue 327 (January 1963)
- 9780803159747 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1963. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28001331