Use of Lead Glass Fiber Yarns as Tracers in Radiography of Filament-Wound Products / H. A. Perry
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Standards for Filament-Wound Reinforced Plastics (1962 : Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (9 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Perry, H. A.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The use of reinforced plastics in pressure vessels, rocket motors, and lightweight structures is impeded by the lack of design codes and by inadequate inspection procedures. A technique for the inclusion of lead glass fiber yarns in products intended for radiographic inspection is described for determining the concentration, orientation, and condition of groups of reinforcements in filament-wound products with or without fabric inserts. The inclusion of a few lead silicate fiber tracer yarns in the primary and secondary reinforcements and the radio-graphic inspection of the molded product may permit a reduction of the thickness and cost of the product and an increase in the allowable strength-weight ratio. This would improve the competitive position of reinforced plastics for use in precision parts and in lightweight structures.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1963, Issue 327 (January 1963)
- 9780803159747 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 5.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1963. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28001350