Turbine Oil Quality and Field Application Requirements / ST. Swift, KD. Butler, W. Dewald
- Conference Author:
- Turbine Lubrication in the 21st Century (2006 : Seattle, Washington)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Swift, ST., Butler, KD., Dewald, W., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Power generation and other types of industrial turbines have always required the use of high quality lubricants. This paper will discuss the evolution of turbine oil formulation technology, and the use of different quality products in different applications. The original ¿̐ưR&O¿̐ư type circulating oils, which are suitable for use in many hydraulic and steam turbine systems, have a long and successful history. Next came high performance products, designed for increased operating life. Finally, products have been introduced recently that provide the high stability needed for systems which operate under severe conditions of thermal stress, such as may occur in certain gas turbine operations.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2001, Issue 1407 (January 2001)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803154551 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 12.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2001. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28001495