A Panoramic Camera for Inspecting Walls of Deep Narrow Slots / G. G. Cocks, C. M. Schwartz
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Nondestructive Tests in the Field of Nuclear Energy (1957 : Chicago, Ill.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (5 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Cocks, G. G., Schwartz, C. M., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- During the operation of water-moderated reactors having zirconium-alloy clad fuel elements, exposure to high-temperature water or steam may cause corrosion of the cladding. Corrosion deposits which form on heat-transfer surfaces are likely to result in ¿̐ưhot spots,¿̐ư and if the corrosion is severe, structural damage may occur. The best quality alloy, such as is used in the fabrication of the fuel elements, is initially corrosion-resistant and may be tested by visual inspection. However, the fuel elements are subsequently fabricated into a subassembly by welding. Structural changes resulting from the welding operations, improper rinsing after pickling, or surface contamination due to incomplete removal of iron used in rolling operations may result in loss of corrosion resistance. It is necessary, therefore, to test each complete subassembly in high-temperature water or steam before it is used in the reactor to be sure that no areas exist where corrosion is rapid.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1958, Issue 223 (January 1958)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1958. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28001646