- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The first volume, ASTM STP 169, did not contain a separate chapter on corrosion. When it was published in 1956, corrosion of reinforcing steel had not yet become a widespread problem. Heavy use of deicing salts in urban and industrial areas of the north soon changed that. By the time ASTM STP 169A was published with a corrosion chapter in 1966, the author, Bailey Tremper, a consultant in California, included 35 references, 22 of which had been published since ASTM STP 169. Clearly, the problem had grown. By 1978, then-current research on corrosion was widespread. Philip D. Cady, professor of civil engineering at Pennsylvania State University and an active researcher himself, rewrote the corrosion chapter. His list of references included over 40 written since ASTM STP 169A was published. For this publication I have concentrated on presenting the present state of the art, fully aware of all of the solid background covered by my predecessors.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1994, Issue 169C (January 1994)
- 9780803152908 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 28.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1994. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28001945