Assessment of the Tribological Function of Lubricants for Sheet Metal Forming / J. Filzek, P. Groche
- Conference Author:
- Bench Testing of Industrial Fluid Lubrication and Wear Properties Used in Machinery Applications (2000 : Seattle, Washington)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (12 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Groche, P., Filzek, J., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- Tribology plays a significant role in enlarging the process limits and ensuring process stability as well as good quality of the forming parts in deep drawing. This paper focuses on assessing lubricant behavior and its influence on tribological conditions during the forming process. A basic condition for efficient usage of the potentials offered by lubrication is the availability of test methods allowing fast and safe evaluation of products. Two specific test stands for sheet metal processing are presented in this paper. These test stands are based on the strip drawing principle. Using these model tests, the capability of a lubricant can be tested under all relevant conditions and its suitability for certain applications can be determined. The experimental results of several tested lubricants will be shown. Subsequently, the results are verified with deep drawing tests of real forming parts.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2001, Issue 1404 (January 2001)
- 9780803154537 (e-ISBN), 9780803128675, and 0803128673
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 16.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2001. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28002622