Analysis of UST Leak Vapor Diffusion and Liquid Build-Up / RP. Schreiber, MS. Rosenberg
- Conference Author:
- Leak Detection for Underground Storage Tanks (1992 : New Orleans, LA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (17 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Schreiber, RP.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The need for improved leak detection and corrective action has prompted research into the movement of hydrocarbon vapors from leaking underground storage tanks (USTs) as well as the build-up of liquid hydrocarbon on the water table. This research has included the development of two evaluation techniques, one for simulating vapor diffusion from an UST leak and another for simulating the mounding of leaked hydrocarbon liquid. Both techniques are designed to produce approximate estimates of hydrocarbon movement and build-up, and as such are intended to be used in the early stages of site remediation planning and monitoring. The result of the research is a set of response curves and analytical techniques that can be used in designing monitoring systems and in performing site clean-ups.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1993, Issue 1161 (January 1993)
- 9780803152243 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 12.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1993. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28002764