Strength and Fracture Toughness of Nickel Containing Steels / AG. Haynes, K. Firth, GE. Hollox, J. Buchan
- Conference Author:
- Properties of Materials for Liquefied Natural Gas Tankage (1974 : Boston, Mass.)
- West Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1975.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (36 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Buchan, J., Firth, K., Haynes, AG., Hollox, GE., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Having relatively high yield strength at liquefied natural gas (LNG) temperatures, nine percent nickel steel offers scope for some increase in design stresses for LNG structures with attendant economies in cost. This paper presents corroborative fracture toughness data for small specimens and wide plate tests that indicate favorable behavior and conditions for high stress designs.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1975, Issue 579 (January 1975)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803146594 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 22.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1975. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28002818