Recent Surveillance Data and a Revised Embrittlement Correlation / WL. Server, RG. Lott, ST. Rosinski, CA. English
- Conference Author:
- 22nd Symposium on the Effects of Radiation on Materials (22nd : 2004 : Boston, Massachusetts)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (10 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Server, WL.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The mechanistically-guided embrittlement correlation model adopted in ASTM E 900-02 was based on US, surveillance results current through calendar year 1998. There now exists an extensive amount of new surveillance data that includes a large amount of boiling water reactor (BWR) results from a supplemental surveillance program designed to augment the plant-specific BWR surveillance programs. These recent data allow a statistical check of the ASTM E 900-02 embrittlement correlation, as well as the NRC correlation model currently being used in the pressurized thermal shock (PTS) re-evaluation effort and the older Regulatory Guide 1.99, Revision 2 correlation. Even though the ASTM E 900-02 embrittlement correlation is a simplified version of the NRC model, a comparison of the two embrittlement correlation models utilizing the new database has proven to be revealing. Based on the new BWR data, both models are inadequate in their ability to predict BWR results. Other aspects of the two models are presented, as well as plans to develop a revised embrittlement correlation.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2006, Issue 1475 (January 2006)
- 9780803155183 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 7.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2006. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28002905