Laboratory Testing of Italian Peaty Soils / F. Colleselli, G. Cortellazzo, S. Cola
- Conference Author:
- Geotechnics of High Water Content Materials (1999 : Memphis, Tennessee)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Cortellazzo, G., Cola, S., Colleselli, F., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- This paper presents laboratory findings in peats from two different Italian sites; the tested peats are typical of superficial deposits near the Northern Adriatic Coast. Standard and special laboratory tests were carried out on undisturbed soil cores. In particular, oedometer tests in standard and in Rowe cell with measurement of pore pressure, adopting different load increment ratio and load permanence, were performed. The compression characteristics (Cc, C?) and the difficulties involved in reliably determining the end of primary consolidation and evaluating the permeability were investigated. Since one peat is normal-consolidated and the other is over-consolidated, a different behavior was expected and is described. The data are also compared with those in the literature.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2000, Issue 1374 (January 2000)
- 9780803154254 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 11.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2000. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28003013