Operable Deformation Systems and Mechanical Behavior of Textured Zircaloy Tubing / E. Tenckhoff
- Conference Author:
- Zirconium in Nuclear Applications (1973 : Portland, Ore)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (18 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Tenckhoff, E., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The slip and twinning systems known to operate in zirconium and Zircaloy are discussed with respect to the mechanical behavior of Zircaloy tubes. For extreme basal pole orientations in the radial and tangential directions, different stress-strain conditions in the tube cause different deformation systems to operate. The effects of the stress-strain conditions are discussed for axial tension and compression, internal and external pressure, axial bending, tube collapse, and axial torsion. The predictions of short time properties for strongly textured radial and tangential tubing are compared with experimental results.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1974, Issue 551 (January 1974)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803146402 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 59.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1974. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28003062