Rust Inhibitors¿̐ưTheir Evaluation and Performance / George H. von Fuchs
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Turbine Oils (1962) (1962 : New York, N. Y.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (28 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- von Fuchs, George H., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The primary purpose of turbine oil rust inhibitors is to form water-repellent stable films on those exposed iron surfaces within the lubricating system and governor mechanism of steam turbines with which the lubricant comes in contact. Such additives are normally evaluated by ASTM Method D 665, but passing this test does not always assure satisfactory field performance. One reason is that some rust inhibitors, particularly those of the soap type, form loosely bound protective films which prevent adhesion of water only as long as it occurs suspended in an oil phase, but when the oil is absent, such films soon fail. A method to test the hydrolytic stability of rust-protective films is to expose them to the direct action of a continuously agitated water phase.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1962, Issue 321 (January 1962)
- 9780803159723 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 23.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1962. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28003139