Crack Initiation Life Behavior Under Biaxial Loading Conditions : Experimental Behavior and Prediction / H. Nowack, D. Hanschmann, W. Ott, K-H Trautmann, E. Maldfeld
- Conference Author:
- Multiaxial Fatigue and Deformation Testing Techniques (1995 : Denver, Colorado)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (25 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Hanschmann, D., Maldfeld, E., Nowack, H., Ott, W., Trautmann, K-H, American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- An experimental program with proportional and nonproportional loading histories was performed with cruciform aluminum specimens on a biaxial testing machine. FEMFAT, a crack initiation life prediction method as originally proposed by Ott, which includes an elastic-plastic stress-strain analysis based on the finite element method (FEM) in combination with a Mr¿̐ưz-type material model and an event independent continuous damage (EVICD) evaluation approach on the basis of incremental plastic work was applied to predict the crack initiation life behavior as observed in the experiments. The predictions were partially extremely conservative.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1997, Issue 1280 (January 1997)
- 9780803153523 (e-ISBN), 9780803120457, and 0803120451
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 23.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1997. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28003308