Minimum Life-Cycle Cost Analysis of Residential Buildings for PC-Based Energy Conservation Standards / A. Tuluca, J. Heidell
- Conference Author:
- Insulation Materials, Testing and Applications (1987 : Bal Harbour, Florida)
- West Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1990.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (10 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Heidell, J.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- The proposed ¿̐ưEnergy Conservation Standards for New Federal Residential Buildings¿̐ư are embodied in an interactive computer program which analyzes over 400 Energy Conservation Options (ECOs) for 9 housing types and 5 fuels across 1000 U.S. climate zones. The program uses Life-Cycle Cost (LCC) economic analyses in a two-step procedure to derive a result close to the ¿̐ưeconomic optimum¿̐ư: (1) an initial Savings-to-Investment Ratio (SIR) ranking, followed by (2) a series of Net Benefit (NB) iterations. Consideration is given to the interaction between the set of envelope and the set of mechanical equipment ECOs.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1990, Issue 1030 (January 1990)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 6.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1990. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28003688