Measuring Effects of Permeant Composition on Pore-Fluid Movement in Soil / HW. Olsen, TL. Rice, RW. Nichols
- Conference Author:
- Ground-Water Contamination: Field Methods (1986 : Cocoa Beach, Florida)
- West Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1988.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (12 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Nichols, RW., Olsen, HW., Rice, TL., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A laboratory experimental system is described for measuring the effects of permeant composition on pore-fluid movement in a soil specimen mounted in a conventional triaxial cell. These effects include the variation of permeability that arises when the pore-fluid composition changes within a soil, and also the tendency for a permeant composition gradient to cause pore-fluid movement. The system is based on the previously reported capabilities and advantages of the flow-pump method for permeability measurements. The system also utilizes a permeant-control subsystem that facilitates bringing deaired solutions of arbitrary chemical composition from storage reservoirs to the ends of a test specimen.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1988, Issue 963 (January 1988)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803150379 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 9.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1988. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28003945