Mechanical Evaluation of Allograft Bone / MC. Summitt, DMK Squillace, JR. Bianchi
- Conference Author:
- Tissue Engineered Medical Products (TEMPs) (2002 : Miami Beach, Florida)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (7 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Summitt, MC., Bianchi, JR., Squillace, DMK, American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- Standard test methods to evaluate the material properties of cortical bone do not exist. A test methodology that accounts for the anisotropy of cortical bone by subjecting the material to multiple modes of loading is proposed. The four test included are axial compression parallel to the longitudinal axis, tensile load perpendicular to the long axis (diametral compression), double lap shear, and three-point bend. These methods provide a means of documenting the biomechanical changes that may occur as a result of unique attributes inherent to a donor or the processes that the donor tissue is exposed. Several examples illustrate how these methodologies demonstrate the relationship between process and mechanical properties.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2004, Issue 1452 (January 2004)
- 9780803154971 (e-ISBN), 9780803134713, and 0803134711
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 2.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2004. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28003966