Estuarine Invertebrates and Fish : Sampling Design and Constraints for Long-Term Measurements of Population Dynamics / AH. Hines, PJ. Haddon, JJ. Miklas, LA. Wiechert, AM. Haddon
- Conference Author:
- New Approaches to Monitoring Aquatic Ecosystems (1985 : Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (25 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Haddon, AM., Haddon, PJ., Hines, AH., Miklas, JJ., Wiechert, LA., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- The first five to six years of a long-term data set are presented for invertebrates and fish representing an array of physiological tolerances, trophic levels, and life history strategies in a lower mesohaline subestuary of Chesapeake Bay. Population abundances were estimated for infaunal invertebrates with cores taken four to six times per year at five stations, for nearshore fish with seines taken once per year at 14 stations, and for epibenthic fish and crabs taken in trawls eight times per year at three stations. Physical/chemical parameters of estuarine water were monitored continuously. Analyses of variance and covariance were used to account for variation associated with seasonal cycles and to test for effects of year, station, and salinity on population abundances.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1987, Issue 940 (January 1987)
- 9780803150058 (e-ISBN), 9780803109391, and 0803109393
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 39.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1987. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28004010