Planning and Implementing a Nondestructive Pavement Testing Program / ND. Pumphrey, JK. Lindly, TD. White
- Conference Author:
- Nondestructive Testing of Pavements and Backcalculation of Moduli (1988 : Baltimore, Maryland)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Lindly, JK., Pumphrey, ND., White, TD., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access. and Subscription required for access to full text.
- Planning and implementing a nondestructive testing (NDT) program for pavements is an interesting and often frustrating task. The authors of this paper perceived a need to summarize their experiences while using four NDT devices to test pavement sections on the federal-aid interstate and primary highway systems in Indiana. The lessons learned during the planning and execution of the project can be instructive to organizations planning similar studies. It will be of particular interest to those persons who have little experience conducting a project of this nature. Many of the basic concepts of planning, organizing, and conducting an NDT program are included. Personal experiences of the authors are given to help reinforce these concepts.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1989, Issue 1026 (January 1989)
- 0803112602, 9780803112605, and 9780803150874 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 11.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition., Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., and Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1989. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28004047