Back-Analyzed Elastic Stiffnesses : Comparison Between Different Evaluation Procedures / WS. Tam, SF. Brown
- Conference Author:
- Nondestructive Testing of Pavements and Backcalculation of Moduli (1988 : Baltimore, Maryland)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (12 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Brown, SF.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The PADAL computer program was developed to back-analyze deflection bowls from pavement testing with the falling weight deflectometer. A validation exercise was carried out to check the prediction accuracy of the PADAL computer program in practical applications. The study compared laboratory elastic stiffnesses with the back-analyzed values from PADAL and showed that the best correlation was found for the asphaltic material, with an accuracy of around 20% above measured values. The correlation for granular subbases and clay subgrades was less good. Previous studies comparing in situ stresses and strains confirmed that the nonlinear elastic characterization in the subgrade layer gave significant improvement in the accuracy of prediction compared with a linear representation.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1989, Issue 1026 (January 1989)
- 9780803150874 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 12.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1989. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28004063