Direct Observation of Debonding in Fiber Pull-Out Specimens / MR. Piggott, Y. Xiong
- Conference Author:
- Fiber, Matrix, and Interface Properties (1994 : Phoenix, Arizona)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (8 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Piggott, MR.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Single-fiber pull-out experiments under the microscope were compared with results from Instron pull-out experiments using the same glass fiber-room-temperature-cured epoxy system. It was found that when the loading system was stiff the pull-out curve obtained with the Instron had a transition which could be identified with the initiation of debonding, as seen under the microscope. Under these conditions debonding appeared to be a controlled fracture process. The work of fracture was about 70 ¿̐ư 20 Jm-2, and was governed by an equivalent debonding shear stress of 44 ¿̐ư 8 MPa. The yielding process was initiated at a shear stress of 25 ¿̐ư 6 MPa. These results could be obtained using a very simple analysis because they were not affected by friction.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1996, Issue 1290 (January 1996)
- 9780803155640 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 15.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1996. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28004075