Variations in the Activity of Dry-Powder Water-Repellent Mortar Admixtures with Different Mortar Formulae / Herb Nordmeyer, Pam Hall
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A number of water repellents are added to masonry mixes and masonry units. To be classified as a water-repellent mortar admixture, ASTM C 1384 Specification for Admixtures for Masonry Mortars, requires that the 24-h rate of water absorption needs to be reduced by at least 50 % when compared to a control mortar without the admixture. While testing two well-known water-repellent admixtures, a substantial difference in activity was noted with the mortar that was being tested. Testing was expanded to include other water-repellent admixtures and several additional mortar formulae. This paper discusses the findings of that study.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2008, Issue 1496 (January 2008)
- 9780803162723 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 12.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2008. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28004100