Evaluating the Fire Performance of Thermal Pipe Insulation Systems by Use of the Vertical Pipe Chase Apparatus / PA. Hough, TW. Fritz, PL. Hunsberger, DC. Reed
- Conference Author:
- Insulation Materials: Testing and Applications: 4th Volume (4th : 2002 : Charleston, South Carolina)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Reed, DC., Fritz, TW., Hough, PA., Hunsberger, PL., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Evaluation of the fire performance of thermal pipe insulations is required by all mechanical codes in the United States. This paper describes a recently developed test to evaluate flame spread, heat release, and smoke generation when pipe insulation systems are exposed in a vertical pipe chase apparatus. This apparatus allows the testing of composite pipe insulation systems, including the core insulation, adhesives, jacketing materials, sealants, tapes, and all other components that are used to field apply these insulation systems.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2002, Issue 1426 (January 2002)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803154698 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 1.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2002. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28004171