Irradiation Embrittlement in Some Austenitic Superalloys / S. Vaidyanathan, T. Lauritzen, WL. Bell
- Conference Author:
- Effects of Radiation on Materials (1982 : Scottsdale, Arizona)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (17 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Vaidyanathan, S., Lauritzen, T., Bell, WL., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The nature of the irradiation embrittlement phenomenon in selected austenitic superalloys was evaluated in tubular specimens compression tested at elevated temperatures. Materials included the commercial alloys Inconel 706 and Nimonic PE-16 and two experimental alloys. All are precipitation hardenable and were irradiated from 2.8 to 7.1 ¿̐ư 1022 n/cm2 (E>0.1MeV). The tests revealed marked ductility losses in all alloys, the most severe embrittlement occurring at 110¿̐ưC above the temperature at which the materials were irradiated. In some instances, zero ductility was recorded. The testing further revealed that short-term post-irradiation heat treatments produced moderate to high levels of ductility recovery without significant losses in strength.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1982, Issue 782 (January 1982)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803148468 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 8.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1982. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28004273