Effects of Neutron Irradiation and Temperature on High Strain Rate Behaviour of Reactor Pressure Vessel Steel / J. Buchar, Z. B¿̐ưlek, F. Du¿̐ưek
- Conference Author:
- Effects of Radiation on Materials (1982 : Scottsdale, Arizona)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- B¿̐ưlek, Z., Buchar, J., Du¿̐ưek, F., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- This paper describes the results of an investigation of the influence of neutron irradiation on mechanical properties of a reactor pressure vessel steel at high strain rates ?? ? (103 to 104)s¿̐ư1 produced by means of the Hopkinson split pressure bar technique (HSPBT). Our steel with chemical composition 0.18% C, 1.22% Mn, 0.012% P, 0.016% S, 0.17% Cr, 0.33% Ni, 0.055% Al, 0.028% Ti was irradiated by fast neutrons to an exposure of 1.35 . 1023 (n)m¿̐ư2. The extensive dynamic measurements performed in the temperature range of (90 + 573) ¿̐ưK are analysed in terms of state equation for viscoplastic flow. It is shown that neutron irradiation shifts the transition between thermally activated and viscous dislocation damping mechanism of plastic deformation to the higher strain rates. Particular attention is paid to the comparison of the influence of neutron irradiation and strain aging.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1982, Issue 782 (January 1982)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 14.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1982. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28004276