Analysis of the High Fluence Creep Behavior of Two Precipitation Strengthened Alloys / BA. Chin, RJ. Puigh
- Conference Author:
- Effects of Radiation on Materials (1982 : Scottsdale, Arizona)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Chin, BA., Puigh, RJ., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- The results of pressurized tube experiments designed to investigate the creep behavior of two precipitation hardened alloys (M813 and PE16) of the Fe-Cr-Ni system are presented. Data are reported covering temperatures from 400¿̐ưC to 750¿̐ưC, for accumulated fluences to 16 ¿̐ư 1022 n/cm2, E > 0.1 MeV. This corresponds to five years of testing in EBR-II. Both alloys show greater swelling and creep resistance than 316 CW. A peak in the creep temperature dependence of M813 and PE16 was found that corresponds to the peak swelling temperature. The in-reactor creep resistance is rapidly lost for irradiation temperatures greater than 675¿̐ưC in both alloys. The results support micromechanisms of irradiation creep which are theoretically linked to the swelling phenomena.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1982, Issue 782 (January 1982)
- 9780803148468 (e-ISBN), 9780803107533, and 0803107536
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 14.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1982. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28004304