The Importance of Studying Exemplars when Designing Stone Facades / WH. McDonald, MD. Lewis
- Conference Author:
- Performance of Exterior Building Walls (2001 : Phoenix, Arizona)
- West Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- McDonald, WH.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The facades of contemporary buildings clad with dimension stone buildings all too often perform poorly, compared with the walls of much older buildings; despite they're being developed with computers and assembled using space-age parts. At the same time, structures using centuries-old methods often serve their occupants better than buildings many decades younger. Many facades built recently as architects' masterpieces now need major restoration simply to continue service. Their leaks, drafts, and dilapidated states shorten their useful lives.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2003, Issue 1422 (January 2003)
- 9780803154742 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2003. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28004434