Methods of Particle-Size Analysis / RP. Loveland
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Particle Size Measurement (1958 : Boston, Mass.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (32 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Loveland, RP.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- Particle size is a generic term and embraces a wide range of sizes of matter. In this discussion it will be limited to those sizes that will pass through the common commercial sieves. Of the many methods for determining particle size, only a few are fundamental, that is, do not require calibration by other methods. The microscopic method is one of these few. This discussion will be restricted to this method. Although in the literature its only value is stated to be as a calibration method for other methods, and it is more laborious than some other methods, nevertheless it is being used as a routine method of measurement in many places. Measurement of the image of a particle with a rule seems very direct compared with the measurement of a physical property correlated with the size and it gives a sense of validity.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1959, Issue 234 (January 1959)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 41.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1959. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28004472