Soil Reinforcement Design Using Geotextiles and Geogrids / R. Bonaparte, RD. Holtz, JP. Giroud
- Conference Author:
- Geotextile Testing and the Design Engineer (1985 : Los Angeles, California)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (48 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Bonaparte, R., Holtz, RD., Giroud, JP., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- This paper provides an overview of the design of soil structures reinforced with polymeric materials. Applications for soil reinforcement are reviewed and categorized according to the type of soil structure, type of load, and function and location of reinforcement. Approaches to design are reviewed, and it is shown that most current design procedures are based on simple extensions of classical limit equilibrium analyses.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1987, Issue 952 (January 1987)
- 9780803150140 (e-ISBN), 9780803109520, and 0803109520
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 45.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1987. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28004736