Effects of Hot Implantation of Helium in Copper on Bubble Formation Within Grains and on Grain Boundaries / BN. Singh, M. Eldrup, A. M¿̐ưslang
- Conference Author:
- Effects of Radiation on Materials: Sixteenth International Symposium (16th : 1992 : Aurora, CO)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Eldrup, M., M¿̐ưslang, A., Singh, BN., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Effects of helium implantation rate and temperature on the evolution of the bubble microstructure in copper have been studied by transmission electron microscopy and positron annihilation techniques. Results on the temperature and implantation rate dependencies of bubble density in the grain interiors, helium flux to and bubble density at grain boundaries are described and discussed. The bubble nucleation in the grain interiors and the helium flux to grain boundaries can be understood within the framework of the di-atomic type homogeneous nucleation. The nucleation in the grain interiors appears to be diffusion controlled in the low temperature regime and gas dissociation controlled in the high temperature regime. Although the flux of helium reaching the boundaries remains very similar, the bubble density varies enormously from boundary to boundary. These differences are suggested to arise from the differences in the structure of the grain boundaries.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1994, Issue 1175 (January 1994)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803152625 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 16.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1994. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28004746