Neutron Irradiation Damage and Hardness Anisotropy in Molybdenum Single Crystals / K. Abe, M. Kanzaki, M. Satou, K. Arai
- Conference Author:
- Effects of Radiation on Materials: Sixteenth International Symposium (16th : 1992 : Aurora, CO)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Abe, K., Kanzaki, M., Satou, M., Arai, K., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- This paper describes the anisotropy of Knoop hardness in olybdenum single crystals neutron-irradiated at high temperatures in the Fast Experimental Reactor (JOYO) and the Fast Flux Test Facility (FFTF/MOTA). Knoop hardness, measured on the (001) surface of the specimen, showed a maximum in the  indentation direction and a minimum in the  direction. This anisotropic behavior in body-centered-cubic metals remained the same after neutron irradiation, though the average hardness increased. The degree of relative anisotropy, i.e. the hardness ratio between  and  directions, however, decreased with increasing neutron fluence. The hardness anisotropy was analyzed using the average Taylor factor.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1994, Issue 1175 (January 1994)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803152625 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 10.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1994. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28004757