Compressive Static and Fatigue Loading of Continuous Fiber-Reinforced Composites / K. Schulte
- Conference Author:
- Compression Response of Composite Structures (1992 : Miami, Florida)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (28 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Schulte, K., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The compressive static and fatigue behavior of continuous fiber-reinforced composites has not yet been studied to a generally satisfactory state. The present investigation will contribute to the knowledge in compressive testing of polymer and metal matrix composites. As buckling is a major problem under compressive loading and is dependent on matrix properties, special attention has been given to determine experimentally the compressive strength of the neat matrix. A special test figure was designed. Fatigue tests were performed at different stress ratios of R = ?min/?max = 0.1, -1, -0.55, and 10. Two different types of fibers were used in the study: the intermediate modulus fiber T800 and the high-tenacity fiber T300, both with the BMI/resin system 5245c from BASF-Narmco. Finally, the compressive response of metal matrix composites was studied using Al2O3 fiber-reinforced aluminum.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1994, Issue 1185 (January 1994)
- 9780803152649 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 35.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1994. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28004836