Radioactive/Mixed Waste Problems and Strategies 10CFR61 Radioanalytical Techniques and Instrumentation Mixed Waste Analyses and Instrumentation / AD. Banavali, DD. Stagg, DE. McCurdy, JT. Harvey
- Conference Author:
- Monitoring Water in the 1990's: Meeting New Challenges (1990 : Denver, CO)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (21 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Banavali, AD.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- On December 27, 1982, after several years of deliberation, the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) published 10CFR61 code of regulations in the Federal Register. These regulations address the disposal of low-level radioactive wastes in near surface land disposal facilities. Included in this body of regulations is the classification of radwaste that the generator has to provide the waste collector or processor. This classification is based on the radioactivity content of the shipment and constitutes Class A, Class B and Class C based on progressive increases in radioactivity. Generally Class A type samples include dry active waste material while Class B and Class C include evaporator bottoms, primary system clean-up resins, microwynd filters, crud, etc.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1991, Issue 1102 (January 1991)
- 9780803151635 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 15.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1991. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28004901