Variations with Laser Pulse Duration of the Thresholds at 350-nm and 1064-nm for Bulk Damage in Crystals of KDP / RP. Gonzales, MC. Staggs, MF. Singleton, D. George, CL. Weinzapfel, S. Weinzapfel
- Conference Author:
- Laser Induced Damage in Optical Materials: 1986 (1986 : Boulder, Colorado)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- George, D.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Five separate laser facilities were used to measure 350-nm and 1064-nm thresholds for bulk damage in crystals of KDP. At 1064-nm, tests were made with single laser pulses having durations of 1, 9 and 25 ns and with 9-ns pulses incident at 10 Hz. At 350-nm test were made with single pulses having durations of 0.6, 5.0 and 25 ns and with 25-nm pulses incident at rates up to 50 Hz. Over the range from 0.6 to 25 ns, 350-nm thresholds increased by a factor of approximately 2, and 350-nm thresholds were almost independent of laser repetition rate. The 1064-nm thresholds increased by a factor > 3 as pulse duration increased from 1 to 25 ns. Laser hardening of thresholds was observed at both 350-nm and 1064-nm.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1988, Issue 1028 (January 1988)
- 9780803150324 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1988. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28005153