The Effect of Impurities on U.V. Damage in CaF2 / I. Laidler, DC. Emmony
- Conference Author:
- Laser Induced Damage in Optical Materials: 1986 (1986 : Boulder, Colorado)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (8 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Emmony, DC., Laidler, I., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The paper discusses the role of impurities in bulk laser breakdown. Crystals of CaF2 have been grown with different impurity content. The introduced impurities are mainly rare earths, these being the most common contaminent species found in CaF2. Crystals selectively doped with Ce as well as very pure, strain annealed specimens were also grown. The generation of defect centres as a function of incident 248 nm laser fluence was monitored by transient absorption measurements. Bulk damage measurements indicated that the Ce doped crystals had the lowest thresholds followed by the pure strain annealed crystals, despite a complete absence of excited state absorbing centres produced during laser irradiation. Those crystals which showed a significant production of transient defects and fluorescent levels had very high damage thresholds.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1988, Issue 1028 (January 1988)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803150324 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 4.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1988. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28005165