Prediction of Low-Temperature Creep and Thermal Strain in Asphalt Concrete Pavements / BE. Ruth
- Conference Author:
- Low-Temperature Properties of Bituminous Materials and Compacted Bituminous Paving Mixtures (1976 : Chicago, Ill.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (16 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Ruth, BE., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Absorptive and nonabsorptive aggregates and different asphalts were used to prepare specimens for indirect tension tests. Fracture and tensile creep tests were used to evaluate the stress-strain behavior of the mixtures at different test temperatures. It was observed that failure strain and stress remained essentially constant when test temperatures were depressed below some critical temperature. Creep strain rates were found to be entirely dependent upon asphalt viscosity and stress ratio. The stress ratio was defined as the applied stress divided by the maximum failure stress below the critical temperature. A creep prediction equation was developed which can be used in predicting thermal stresses and strains of asphalt pavements.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1977, Issue 628 (January 1977)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803147010 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 15.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1977. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28005427