Fractographic Measurements of Crack-Tip Closure / RM. Pelloux, M. Faral, WM. McGee
- Conference Author:
- Fracture Mechanics (1979 : Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Faral, M., McGee, WM., Pelloux, RM., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access. and Subscription required for access to full text.
- Relative changes in striation spacing resulting from a sudden change of the load range were used to measure crack-tip closure under plane-strain conditions. The tests were performed in a 2124-T351 aluminum alloy. The difference between the opening and closure rates of the crack tip was quantitatively measured by comparing striation spacings for two different programmed load blocks. It is concluded that crack-tip closure occurs principally in the plane-stress region of the crack front. In the center of the specimen, under plane strain, the average value of Kop/Kmax is less than 0.20 for ?K varying from 10 to 35 MPa?m.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1980, Issue 700 (January 1980)
- 0803103638, 9780803103634, and 9780803147706 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 7.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition., Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., and Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1980. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28005612