Optimization and Control of Elymat Lifetime Measurement for Use in a Manufacturing Setting / GA. Keefe, WM. Hughes
- Conference Author:
- Recombination Lifetime Measurements in Silicon (1997 : Santa Clara, CA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Hughes, WM., Keefe, GA., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- In order for the Elymat minority carrier diffusion length imaging technique to become a useful and robust manufacturing tool for characterization of silicon wafers, optimum machine settings must be developed and tight control of the measurement process must be maintained to achieve maximum lifetimes and repeatable results. This paper describes a method for determining optimum injection currents to compensate for resistivity characteristics of the sample. Test results, obtained on wafers with resistivity ranging from 0.9 to 20 ohm-cm subjected to 60 measurements each using various combinations of wavelength and photo injection currents, are discussed. This paper also presents test results for the Injection Level Search (ILS) option designed to set the optimum injection level for each individual sample. Finally, the authors make recommendations concerning methods for control of the measurement process (i.e., control charting, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1998, Issue 1340 (January 1998)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803153899 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 11.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1998. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28005773