Measurement of Three-Dimensional Effects in Fracture Mechanics / CW. Smith
- Conference Author:
- Fracture Mechanics: Nineteenth Symposium (19th : 1986 : San Antonio, TX)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Smith, CW., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- After citing several experimental methods used for measuring three-dimensional effects in opaque and transparent cracked bodies, an integrated optical method is focused upon for obtaining two independent estimates of fracture parameters associated with linear elastic fracture mechanics (LEFM). Results of the use of these methods to study the effect of free surfaces upon the stress singularity of cracks intersecting them are presented and a means of interpreting the results within the framework of LEFM is suggested.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1988, Issue 969 (January 1988)
- 9780803150416 (e-ISBN), 9780803109728, and 0803109725
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 14.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1988. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28005935